Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another update on Grant...



We got a call this morning around 6 am from Grant's NICU Doctor...I hate when they call you cause you know its not good news. Grant started having blood in his poop which is a sign of infection. They did an x ray and sure enough he has an infection on his intestines, this is horrible news...however it always seems that Grant gets the better of the problems if you understand what I mean, such as with his brain bleed he has a stage 1, not a stage 4, heart murmur went away with meds, not surgery...... so we are hoping it will be the same for his intestines. They are treating him with antibiotics for 10 days and while he is on them he cant eat so he will probably lose some weight...but we hope that the meds will do the trick! The last thing we want is for him to get surgery on his intestines, its very dangerous and life threatening. Good news is he is off of the cpap and breathing on his own through a nasal prong!! He will be a month old in 5 days, it has been the hardest month of my life. I just want to be able to hold him and take care of him like a normal baby. We are trying to stay positive but just cant help but to feel upset about the situation and want a normal life for Grant and our boys... This to shall pass I suppose! We will press forward and do the best we can, we know Grant is!!!!!
We slept with his bear so it would smell like home... they let him cuddle it!!

4 comments:

  1. Hanna... I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. I can't even imagine how hard it is to just have to maintain a positive attitude in a time where it seems nothing is going in a positive direction. Thinking of you... Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna! it is so good to hear from you! Im so sorry that your family is going through this right now. i hope he gets well soon , he sure seems like a fighter! you guys will be in my prayers. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanna - I am so sorry to hear that your sweet little baby is having so many trials. Please know we are keeping him and your family in our prayers. Love you!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man your my hero! I cant imagine how rough things must be for you guys right now. I hope Grant has a total turn for the good and is healthy enough you can take him home very soon! What a blessing to have the technology and knowledge doctors have these days!! Hang in there! You better let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete