Monday, July 13, 2009

GRANT IS HOME!!!!

Yay!! Grant got realeased on Sunday morning and is home and doing well!! We went to his dr. apt today and he has gained an oz since being home and now weighs 5lb 4oz! We are so blessed to have him home with us and we are trying to get used to having a new born again! We have gotten about 2 hours of sleep since he came home...I check on him about every 2 minutes! He has a check up with his endocrinologist (hormone doc) tomorrow... he has a rare condition in which he doesn't produce his own cortisol and has to be on medication called hydrocortizone to suppliment for it. Cortisol is a hormone that helps keep your body temp up so its very important that he gets his meds on time! We hope it won't be a permanent condition and we should find out more tomorrow!! If it is we know we can deal with it and are so blessed that this is all we have to worry about right now. It has been a LONG 9 weeks in the NICU and its finally over! WAHOO!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so happy for you guys.... What a blessing... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear little Grant is home and doing well!!!! Best of Luck and I hope his appt goes well! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad you finally get your baby home with you! I can't even imagine what you've been through! I don't know how you spent nights without him! I bet you worried about him every second! But now he is with you and I'm sure it is so rewarding!! Stay in touch girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so awesome! Now we need to plan family and baby pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! Thats awesome Hannah! So excited for you guys to get to have him home finally! Your a trooper for sure! Im sure you have a ton of help right now but if you ever need anything let me know! I am not that far away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe so glad to hear Grant is home! That's great news! Looking forward to some pics of him in his own place!

    ReplyDelete