Friday, May 8, 2009

Perfect little boy!

Just a short post... we had our precious little boy this afternoon. I suddenly started to bleed and started to hemorage. I lost a lot of blood in a short amount of time and for my safety we had to do a c section right away. Our little man weighed in at a mean 2lbs 15oz and 16 in long, which is small but a great size for his gestational age. We had him 3 months premature and he is surprizing everyone with how well he is doing. They told us that he would most likely have to go on a ventalator right away, however he is doing just fine without it...he just has to have oxygen. We get to start a feeding tube tomorrow with some breast milk and we hope it goes well.

As for me...Im doing okay, and I love my baby so much. It was so scary to get my c section because they had to put me completley under so when I woke up I had already had him, it was so hard not being able to hold or see him right away. We had him at 3 41 pm and I was finally able to see him around 10pm. It will be a while before we get to hold him and I cant wait! We have yet to pick a name for him and are open to sugestions! Thats all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl... what hospital are you at? i would love to come visit if you are allowed or even want visitors. reading this post brings back so many memories with Lewis. not being able to hold him, seeing him with a feeding tube & on a ventilator just kills you... anyway we are praying for your little guy & for you to have a speedy recovery... luv ya-Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay so i totally want to come visit you. im in kingman till thursday so maybe i could come this weekend. unless of course you already have visitors coming. i know how it can get when everyone decides to come on the same day... i really hope he doesnt have to be in the hospital for 6-8 weeks. they told us Lewis would be there for that long & he was out in 3 weeks. then again they told us he most likely wouldnt even live... these babies are so tiny but soo strong its amazing what there little bodies can overcome. anyway let me know if this weekend will work & what day you would prefer. ill bring you some yummy food too!

    ReplyDelete